Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Simple & Elegant


Good Morning.
Early, isn't it? lol Actually about 6:30 a.m. early. I have a busy day so this will be the only time I get a chance to post.
Worked at The Cutting Garden yesterday and made this card. So quick to make but very classy.
That Cuttlebug just does such a great job. Used the Birds & Swirls on about the top 7/8th of the card, then used my scorer and placed a couple of grooves in the cardstock just below the embossed image. Finished it off with a little 1/8th inch ribbon and of course gold embossing powder. I used ivory cardstock and gold paperweight paper for the layer. It looks just as nice as the heavy cardstock weight but keeps your card a little lighter.
Can you picture the lace tree Cuttlebug folder done up this same way. I can! As soon as I have a moment or two I'm going to try that.
I also remember I told you I would post a scrapbook page soon. I'm still working on it. It's in pieces...I need to set the eyelets and glue things in place. Probably won't have it up tomorrow as I have a class at The Cutting Garden tonight. So for any ladies reading this and coming to class tonight....6:30 sharp.....don't forget your adhesive, a small paint brush (if you have a favorite one...if you don't I'll have some there).
Have a great day, get some stamping or scrapbooking in and I'll see you tomorrow.
Yvonne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happened to the other one?

Julie Mutch said...

This is such an elegant card, Yvonne. Very nice.

Have a great time at your class tonight and I can't wait to see your scrapbook page when you're done. :)

Hugs,
Julie

Chookarooni said...

Your cards are fabulous Yvonne - think we have similar tastes - simply elegant is what I call it LOL
Mary-Jane